FirstRand believes that its people are its most important resource and will not operate in an industry unless it has people who are suitable for that market and who share FirstRand’s business values.
The FirstRand Youth Development Graduate Program a 12-month contract for unemployed graduates to join our FirstJob work experience program. The objective of this program is to improve the employability of successful candidates. Throughout the program, the incumbent will have the opportunity to build confidence and skills in the workplace by contributing to company goals and deliverables. The incumbent will be required to successfully complete the prescribed development program.
- Must be 18-34 years old
- Obtaining a relevant post-matric degree
- Be unemployed for at least 6 months
- Must have no work experience or limited work experience – i.e. a total of less than twelve months of work experience and/or part-time, casual in nature.
- This must be the young person’s FIRST professional experience
- The young person must also not have previously participated in the FirstJob program in any of the FirstRand franchises and not have worked for FirstRand before.
- A recognized diploma
- A recognized bachelor’s degree is advantageous
- These will be mapped to FirstRand business unit requirements
- No formal (corporate) work experience Required skills include:
- Analytical thinking
- Excellence and quality orientation
- Building relationships
- Team work
- Problem solving
- learn agility
- Resilience and stress management
- Orientation Drive and Results
• Demonstrate excellence and quality orientation in all assigned tasks, deliverables and projects.
• Effectively execute role responsibilities through thorough and timely planning, reporting and updates.
• Contribute to projects with proactive, innovative and appropriate inputs.
• Participate in knowledge sharing with peers and stakeholders.
• Manage own development plan to increase skills and abilities through various channels.
• Attend and meet all FirstJob development program requirements with relevant training institutions.
• Adheres to and upholds FirstRand’s common values and corporate philosophy
For more information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the FirstRand Youth Development Graduate Program 2022