Kansas YesSouth VScommunity VSchange VSconference (KYC3) is back and in person at
Rock Springs Ranch Saturday April 2 and Sunday April 3, 2022.
Please share with your schools, networks, coalitions, churches, community members,
anyone related to young people in college or high school!
(KYC3) is FREE, action packed event Open to all middle and high school students.
Through interactive sessions and high-energy activities, you will develop your leadership skills,
Engage with other young people across the state and take action to promote positive change in your community!
Groups need at least one adult and one youth sponsor to register.
Meals and accommodation will be provided! Registration is limited; the deadline to register is Monday, February 28!
Here is the link to register: https://www.dccca.org/events/kansas-youth-community-change-conference-kyc3-2022-building-blocks/
Here are additional details you can share with them if you need to:
- Groups need at least 1 adult and 1 youth sponsor to participate. We want to encourage them to find adults involved in the school or community coalition to sponsor the young participants
- The cost is free. They will receive 3 meals, snacks, a bag with treats, bedding and all conference materials at no cost to them. They will just need transportation to get there and back.
- the the first 50 young people to register will be entered to win a pair of Air Pods
- There will be sessions on substance abuse prevention, suicide prevention, youth mental health, leadership, and more.
- The youth will co-present with organizations including the Kansas Leadership Center, Kansas Department of Health and Environment, DCCCA, KSPHQ and WSU-CEI.
Let me know if you have any questions. After the isolation our young people have experienced, we appreciate you sharing this opportunity!
Prevention is better together
and together we are stronger!
Dena Kemp, MSW, RPC
Southeast Kansas Community Support Specialist
Community Services Division
104 ½ W 9and Street, office 424
Winfield, KS 67156