Doncaster Rovers are recruiting an experienced and capable individual to lead the youth development phase of the Academy, focusing specifically on the development of boys’ players aged 13-16.
The Phase Leader will assist the Head of Coaching and Academy Director in establishing a sustainable system and approach to player development within the Academy.
They will provide initial line management to develop part-time coaches, enabling them to improve and perform to the best of their abilities, from which they can consequently maximize the potential of Academy players and make the transition to full time. professional soccer.
The role will be responsible for delivering and implementing the club’s training program in line with the football club’s philosophy, culture and values.
The role will work closely with all age groups linked to the foundation phase to welcome players on the next stage of their journey, and will work with the professional development phase to ensure that the best chances are given for the players. professional and academic contracts. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the different learning cycles and requirements of key phases of player development.
We are looking for someone who is committed to supporting and developing players with the ultimate goal of these players becoming a key part of Doncaster Rovers Academy and the first team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about developing key relationships formed with all areas of Club Doncaster, within the Academy, and wider partnerships so that we can ensure our players receive the best advice, guidance and technical support possible. .
The successful candidate will develop and grow our coaching and technical functions utilizing existing and new networks within the game and growing the games program nationally and internationally. Applicants should have previous experience mentoring staff in an elite sporting environment, working with players in a professional game and have an understanding of Club Doncaster principles.
The role will involve working parts of the day, however, the majority of the work can be done in the evenings and at weekends.
- Assist the Coaching Manager and lead the development of all phase-related tasks and coaching programs.
- Mentoring and initial management of part-time coaches.
- Contribute to, develop and revise the Academy Performance Plan (APP) regarding the coaching program each year to ensure its effectiveness in achieving the desired results
- Contribute to Academy Leadership Team and Technical Council meetings with written reports and minutes of all multi-disciplinary meetings
- Coordinate the activity of all coaches to ensure sessions and matches are properly covered in accordance with EFL ratio guidelines
- Implement and revise the training programme/syllabus at all phases in line with the philosophy, culture and values of the football club, to enable the delivery of relative training sessions for the development of players and staff
- Manage players within the cohort and be the point of contact for more complex requests from parents
- Create additional support and coaching programs for gifted and talented players identified by the Academy
- Oversee all aspects of Academy administration with respect to PMA training session plans and the player and staff review process
- Ensure that periodic player evaluations, in accordance with EPPP guidelines, are adhered to and ensure that the quality of player evaluations meets the required standards, reported accurately to reflect full player and parent feedback
The role will require an individual to have the ability to work effectively in an environment where we are continually striving to improve the players as well as the Club Doncaster and Doncaster Rovers brand.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate how they have taken personal responsibility for improving their industry contacts and their ability to recruit and retain players in a competitive area of the country.
In addition, they must also be able to demonstrate additional learning and CPD opportunities, as well as experience gained through UEFA A/B license and FA AYA qualification, in order to that they are aware of current trends and developments throughout the football industry. .
Club Doncaster recognizes that the safety and protection of these children and young people in daily contact with the club is paramount. The company is committed to creating a culture of safety for all.
Please note that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out on the successful candidate prior to any offer of employment in accordance with Club Doncaster’s culture and safeguard procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want to hear from anyone who thinks this would be the right role for them.
If you would like to apply for the role in the first instance, please submit your CV and cover letter to Kirsty Cavanagh, People and Culture Manager email@example.com
Closing date Friday 20 May 2022. Please note that should a sufficient number of applications be received, Club Doncaster reserves the right to close the process earlier than the advertised date.