The youth activities staff are responsible for all youth activities related duties at the club, including but not limited to organizing, setting up and cleaning up the event, and providing child care services in our new state-of-the-art child. -surveillance facility, also known as “The Treehouse”. Plans, directs and supervises games and activities that provide appropriate social interaction. Adheres to all health and safety procedures.
• Schedule is based on monthly club events
• Must be available 20 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Availability requirements include – Available Friday and Saturday each week, and one Wednesday per month
• Ensures knowledge of club policies and procedures as they relate to the youth department
• Ensures knowledge of all safety protocol and first aid procedures, and is proactive in accident prevention
• Helps plan age-appropriate activities and events for children and families
• Greets children and parents by name in a professional and friendly manner
• Communicates with parents during drop-off and pick-up regarding their child’s specific needs and preferences
• Interacts with children in a friendly way by playing games, teaching skills, etc.
• Assist in setting up and decorating all youth related events
• Properly handles and maintains all event and daycare materials, with proper storage after use
• Leads and supervises play and activities at youth and daycare events
• Help with diaper changes, bathroom supervision, meals and snacks
• Recommends new ideas for toys, programs, supplies and promotions
• Performs opening and closing tasks to ensure a clean and safe work area in the daycare
• Resolves disputes between children if necessary
• Disciplines using verbal redirection, physical withdrawal and time out, where appropriate
• Communicates with and informs immediate supervisors of any unforeseen circumstances and reacts appropriately
• Assistance with lunch/dinner service in regards to youth events or activities
• Maintains a safe and clean environment
• Demonstrates good phone etiquette
• Attend all department staff meetings and trainings
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid first aid and infant/child CPR certifications
• Six months of experience working with groups of children aged 6 months to 12 years old
• Ability to communicate effectively, fluent English
• Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
• Ability to provide basic hygiene services for young children
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment, while supervising children
• Must have a positive, upbeat, friendly attitude and enjoy providing five-star customer service
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all staff
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful environment, free meals, employee outings and events, and golf and tennis privileges. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking and fun team.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug-free workplace.