The Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of downtown Charlotte in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as one of the top 20 private clubs in the United States. The club has also been recognized as one of the top 50 platinum clubs in the world by the Club Leaders Forum.
Our team is responsible for maintaining an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, friendly and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a loving farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences every day.
The Youth Activities Advisor is responsible for all tasks related to youth activities at the Club, including but not limited to the organization, implementation and clean-up of events, and the provision of childcare services in a safe and nurturing environment for our members’ children. Plans, directs and supervises games and activities that provide appropriate social interaction. Adheres to all health and safety procedures.
• Schedule is based on monthly club events
• Must be available 20 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Potential to increase hours once our new state-of-the-art Youth and Family Center opens in summer 2022
• Ensures knowledge of club policies and procedures as they relate to youth service
• Ensures knowledge of all safety protocol and first aid procedures, and is proactive in accident prevention
• Helps plan age-appropriate activities and events for children and families
• Greets children and parents by name in a professional and friendly manner
• Communicates with parents during drop-off and pick-up regarding their child’s specific needs and preferences
• Interacts with children in a friendly way by playing games, teaching skills, etc.
• Assist in setting up and decorating all youth related events
• Properly handles and maintains all event and daycare materials, with proper storage after use
• Leads and supervises play and activities at youth and daycare events
• Helps monitor bathroom, meals and snacks
• Recommends new ideas for toys, programs, supplies and promotions
• Performs opening and closing tasks to ensure a clean and safe work area in the daycare
• Resolves disputes between children if necessary
• Disciplines using verbal redirection, physical withdrawal, and time out, where appropriate
• Communicates with and informs immediate supervisors of any unforeseen circumstances and reacts appropriately
• Assistance with lunch/dinner service in regards to youth events or activities
• Basic knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and office equipment
• Maintains a safe and clean environment
• Demonstrates good phone etiquette
• Attend all department staff meetings and trainings
• Performs other assigned duties
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid first aid and infant/child CPR certifications
• Six months of experience working with groups of children aged 6 months to 12 years old
• Ability to communicate effectively, fluent English
• Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
• Ability to provide basic hygiene services for young children
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment, while supervising children
• Must have a positive, upbeat, friendly attitude and enjoy providing five-star customer service
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all staff
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful environment, free meals, employee outings and events, and golf and tennis privileges. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking and fun team. We also offer Identity Theft, Legal Shield, and Pet Insurance.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug-free workplace.