The Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of downtown Charlotte in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as one of the top 20 private clubs in the United States. The club has also been recognized as one of the top 50 platinum clubs in the world by the Club Leaders Forum.
Our team is responsible for maintaining an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, friendly and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a loving farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences every day.
The Youth Activities Team Leader is an important part of the Charlotte Country Club Youth Counselor team. This person can be counted on to oversee activities at the club’s state-of-the-art family center and for all duties related to youth activities at the club. Responsibilities include providing child care services, assisting the Youth Activities Manager in the organization, implementation and clean-up of the event, as well as planning future youth-related activities at the club.
• The schedule is usually Tuesday to Saturday, but may vary depending on club events
• Calendar is also based on family center hours and monthly club events
• Must be available 40 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ensures knowledge of club policies and procedures as they relate to the youth department
• Ensures knowledge of all safety protocol and first aid procedures, and proactive in accident prevention
• Helps plan age-appropriate activities and events for children and families
• Greets children and parents by name in a professional and friendly manner
• Communicates with parents during drop-off and pick-up regarding their child’s specific needs and preferences
• Interacts with children in a friendly way by playing games, teaching skills, etc.
• Assist in setting up and decorating all youth related events
• Properly handles and maintains all event and daycare materials, with proper storage after use
• Leads and supervises play and activities at youth and daycare events
• Help with diaper changes, bathroom supervision, meals and snacks
• Recommends new ideas for toys, programs, supplies and promotions
• Performs opening and closing tasks to ensure a clean and safe work area in the daycare
• Resolves disputes between children if necessary
• Disciplines using verbal redirection, physical withdrawal and time out, where appropriate
• Communicates with and informs immediate supervisors of any unforeseen circumstances and reacts appropriately
• Assistance with lunch/dinner service in regards to youth events or activities
• Maintains a safe and clean environment
• Demonstrates good phone etiquette
• Attend all department staff meetings and trainings
• Performs other duties assigned by the Youth Activities Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid first aid and infant/child CPR certifications
• Six months of experience working with groups of children aged 6 months to 12 years old
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly
• Ability to communicate effectively, fluent English
• Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
• Ability to provide basic hygiene services for young children
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment, while supervising children
• Must have a positive, upbeat, friendly attitude and enjoy providing five-star customer service
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all staff
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a great work environment, free meals, staff outings and events, golf and tennis privileges. We also offer an assortment of health benefits and benefits for eligible team members, including paid time off, free long-term disability insurance, free group life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, a 401(k) match and contributions to the Club’s health savings account. . We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking, fun team and polite, respectful leadership.
Applicants must pass a thorough background check and drug screening. We are a drug-free workplace.